itineraire mis-a-jour le 25/12/2011, 26 100 km parcourus

mardi 8 juin 2010

8/06/10 Picton to Presqu'Ile

The worst day for me since we left. My left knee was continually cramped and it could let me do more than 1km before cramping again. Eventually I found out that not clipping my shoe helped a lot. We were on the Wine Route so we stopped at a wineyard, Sunbanks, where we tasted like 10 different wines because Xavier was never satisfied. Eventually my knee didn’t hurt anymore, so we decided to buy a white wine and left.

Then we took a very bad decision, that is to follow the road in yellow dashes on the map. We happened to go on something that was not really a road but more of a whole in the ground-pound of water-gigantic rock-massive whole-multiple pounds of water (see video). It’s probably fine when you have a mountain bike, but with all our luggage it was not as fun. I fell off at some point because I couldn’t unclip my feet and I was falling on the side. No permenant damage for me, but my bike got a part of the rubber on the handlebar torn apart.


We eventually got out of there and had a nice dinner with the bottle of wine in Presqu’Ile arbor. Distance : 60km

1 commentaire:

  1. Je suis prêt à parier que ta cale de soulier est tout simplement mal orientée par rapport à ton inclinaison de jambe, essaie de la mettre vis à vis ta métatarse (la petite boule sur ton pied) et oriente la plus vers l'extérieur où l'intérieur dépendement d'où tu trouve que ça tire! Et bravo pour le chemin de terre, j'ai bien rit:p

    RépondreSupprimer